July 4, 2014

Ridiculously Positive

That's me, ridiculously positive.  And I don't mean it in a cynical or snarky (I love that word) sort of way.  Ask the folks who know me, I'm such a big dreamer and optimist that I am ridiculously positive in the best of ways. I'm clinging to that positivity because my world is rocked right now. Everything I believe about education, what I believed to my core, has brought me to an extraordinary experience where I'm challenged daily to question the status quo. You can read more about this wild ride here if you're interested.
I'm in the company of greatness through this experience, working with some of the smartest educators I've ever known.  These are people who will change education (there I go again!). But we're thrown into this intense experience that is kind of like boot camp for leaders who are expected to be change agents. And it's incredible.
Sir Richard Branson has become my go-to when I'm feeling like I can't live up to the expectation.  Even the ridiculously positive have their moments.  What I've learned, that was not required for class, is just how capable we are and how comfortable with complacency we get.  I read this quote the second day of class it was the moment everything changed: 
"Let’s shock the future rather than suffering future shock. Let’s make change happen instead of reacting to change." - Dr. Sidney Parnes
Stop being complacent. Seek opportunities and challenge doing something because it's the way it has always been done. We ARE who we've been waiting for to make change happen (thanks Dan!).  And be ridiculously positive because that's what it's going to take to shock the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Ridiculously Positive nature! I'll join you! :) Seriously, I think it speaks volumes to surround yourself with good and genuine people. People who will support you, push you, and join in your ongoing positivity! Thanks for being that awesome beam of light! You are a true true Gift!

    ReplyDelete